The Prospect Heritage Trust Inc.
Rev J Troughton
© Prospect Heritage Trust Inc.
Reverend John Troughton was the first Minister of St Bartholomew’s and took up duties before 26 December 1841 and continued until about 9 November 1847. He lived in Parramatta.
Prior to this he was appointed Master in Charge of Boarders at The Kings School in 1839. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King's_School,_Sydney
In 1857 Rev. Troughton was put in charge of the new Parish of Hartley. He was the first rector of the new church, St John the Evangelist, which opened on 27 February 1859. Rev. Troughton drowned in a creek whilst attending to his parochial visitations on 23 December 1859. http://www.blackheathanglican.org/hartley.html