The Prospect Heritage Trust Inc.
Fr P J Carroll
© Prospect Heritage Trust Inc.
Father Carroll had charge of St Brigid’s in 1881 and 1882. Mass was held at 9am and 11am.
He was also in charge of St Joseph’s, McDonald River and St Michael’s Baulkham Hills. During this time he was living at Parramatta.
Father Carroll was known to the Prospect parishioners as he had been assistant priest at Parramatta in 1870, when the Prospect church had been served by the Parramatta Parish. He also spoke the Gaelic language, which meant he was popular with the many Irish immigrants that were living and working in the vicinities of his churches, especially the Prospect area where the building of the Prospect Reservoir had begun.
Source: ‘Faith of our fathers, living still’, Pamela Tromp