From just past Macquarie Road, Greystanes to Hylands Road was the 70-acre farm of John Herbert. Although it is officially recorded as 18 July 1792, Captain Watkin Tench recorded that Herbert, ‘not yet out of his time: but allowed to work here at his leisure hours, as he was declared his intention of settling’, was already working his farm prior to 5 December 1791. Herbert’s land is the only 1791 farm, which is today used as a residential area. Most of the other 1791 farms are today the Fox Hills Golf Course, CSIRO land or Boral properties. This status will change shortly because of the new developments on some of the Boral property.
The Park in Munro Street, Greystanes was dedicated in 1993 and Herbert descendants planted trees.