The Prospect Heritage Trust Inc.
Royal Cricketers Arms
© Prospect Heritage Trust Inc.
The hotel is one of the few remaining roadside inns that were on The Great Western Highway between Sydney and Bathurst, as well as being one of the last remaining buildings of the Prospect Village. The families associated with the Inn played an important part in the history of Prospect.
The land the hotel stands on was part of the 2000-
The hotel continued to operate, with Sarah Roche holding the publican’s licence in 1894 and 1899. In May, 1902, Mrs, Roche gave up the hotel to a Mr. Wilson from Sydney.
In 1913 E. F. Cooney, who was Manning’s son-
James Kellie’s son Daniel took over the management of the Inn and in March 2013 sold the lease to Amalgamated Holdings, who own the adjacent Atura Hotel and Drive-
This building is of Victorian Georgian design, being a two storey brick and timber building set on an uncoursed random rubble stone foundation wall on a sloping site. Access to the excavated cellar under the main bar is from the rear of the building. The ground floor building is made from face brick that has been rendered. The upper level is constructed within the roof space, with timber framing and lining boards to walls, floor and ceiling. Features of the corrugated iron clad roof are a projecting gable and dormer window.